I’ve had a go at making chocolate brownies many times over the years but the perfect chocolate brownies recipe has always eluded me. Last week though I came across a recipe which is absolutey brilliant and gives you the perfect brownies in less than 40 minutes! Just 15 minutes to prepare and 25 mins to cook!
75g plain chocolate (I used Bournville but it doesn’t matter if you use another one)
125g caster sugar
125g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Heat oven to Gas 5 or 190C electric. Grease & line 20cm square tin
- Put chocolate & butter into heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
- Whisk sugar and eggs together until frothy
- Fold in the melted chocolate mixture
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 20 to 25 mins until risen and just firm. Cool and cut into 20 squares. If you want you can dust with icing sugar.
All that’s left to do now is eat them! Yummy!
Here’s another Chocolate Brownies Recipe which worked well for me.