So, we’re off to Kerala in India tomorrow! I never thought I’d be writing that sentence. It’s definitely one off ‘The Bucket List’ for us and I’m really looking forward to it.
When I saw the break advertised I reckon I was the most decisive I’ve ever been in my life. No going to and from Trip Advisor, no checking the climate, none of the ‘should we, should;t we?’ – just wham…. BOOKED! For someone who can deliberate for aeons in the biscuits aisle in Asda over which ones to buy, this is a pretty major achievement!
This was the sentence that ‘sold’ it to me……
“A delightful journey through Kerala, “God’s own Country”. – covering Kochi city, Munnar tea plantations, a houseboat stay and a relaxing beach break!”
Kerala is in southern India and apparently the scenery is out of this world. Turns out it’s a little paradise, nestled between the Western Ghats and the overwhelmingly beautiful Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean. Mr. C went to Kochi many many moons ago and he says that Kerala has a little bit of everything that India has to offer.
Below is some of our itinerary:
- Flying with Etihad Airways – our 1st time so let’s hope they’re better than our recent BA flight.. We’ve only heard good things about them so fingers crossed!
- Two-Night Stay in Kochi to explore Kerala’s dynamic city
- Two-Night Stay in Munnar with a Tour of the Tea and Spice Plantation (the tea tasting should be fun)
- Two-Night Stay exploring Thekkady, the gateway into the Periyar Sanctuary
- A trip to See Wildlife by Boat
- Discover the Dances of the Kathakali and Martial Arts of the Kalaripayattu
- Going Agatha Christie style on an air-conditioned Houseboat for One-Night
- Be Wined and Dined On Board
- Three-Night Stay in a beach resort in Poovar and one full body Ayurvedic Massage